WALT inform others about an animal/creature or habitat, through our writing.
- Create a title.
- Write a general introduction.
- Use Subheadings -Each new topic is a new paragraph.
- Use facts written in your own words.
- Write a conclusion.
- Use descriptive verbs eg hovers.
- Use topic specific nouns eg kakapo, reptile
- Include technical words eg nocturnal, monotreme
- Write in present tense.
- Vary the sentence beginnings.
- Use complex sentences eg This long, sticky tongue secretes sticky glycoprotein rich mucus, which insects stick to readily.
The cowfish is a sea creature looking like a fish and cow. It is in the lactoria family. The cowfish is a fish not a animal.
Cowfish come in different colors, yellow and blue. It is 40 cms long.
Cowfish have horns like a cow or bull.
Cowfish eat algae and seaweed.
Cowfish do not chew their food because they have no teeth.
The cowfish breed up to 34 babies in one year.
Cowfish live in the ocean and big lakes and
they like to live in warm water.
Cowfish are endangered because humans hunt them for food. Other creature like sharks kill them too.
The cowfish is a rare type of fish because it stays at the bottom of the water.